We had some leftover boiled potato in the freezer that I wanted to use up. This is a super quick and easy snack.
- 2 boiled potatoes – peeled
- 2 green chillies – chopped finely
- 1/2 onion – chopped very finely
- 1 sprig of curry leaves – remove the stalk and slice leaves finely
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon roasted red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted pepper and cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 inch ginger – grated
- 2 cloves garlic – grated
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of besan/chickpea flour
Mash the potatoes well, add all the other ingredients and mix well. Wet your hands, and form the mix into small balls, about the size of large marbles. Heat oil, when the oil is fairly hot, drop the potato balls in. Remember we don’t need to cook the potato, we need to form a skin quickly so that they retain their shape and get crispy. Once golden brown and crisp, scoop out, drain on kitchen paper, serve with chutney or sauce. Enjoy!