This is a really quick soy dip that goes well with Asian soups, rice porridge or even steamed chicken. I have made so many variations of it, sometimes I render down chicken fat and that, sometimes I add chicken stock, sometimes sesame oil. This recipe is a really basic version, just aim for a good balance of sweet, salty and spicy.
- 1/3 cup good quality soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kecap manis (or replace with more sugar)
- 2 green chillies (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped finely)
- 1 tablespoon spring onions (chopped finely)
- Sugar to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
Mix all of the above, let stand for about 10 minutes, stir well and serve.