The weather here in Melbourne has been crazy-hot. Going into the kitchen is a nightmare, so I’ve been preparing food as quickly and easily as possible. Any cooking is done outside on the BBQ. These are a great option when you have people to feed and you can’t be bothered slaving over a hot stove.
- 1 clove garlic (cut into half)
- 6 slices ciabatta bread (I used a par baked version from Coles)
- 6 mini Roma tomatoes (cut into thin slices)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced basil leaves
- 12 to 15 cubes marinated goats cheese feta (crumble into smaller pieces)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Grill the bread slices until crisp and golden brown. While the bread is hot, rub the cut side of the garlic clove on the slice. Top with tomatoes and basil. Crumble feta on top. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Enjoy!