This is the chutney I use when making Mysore Masala Dosas. It goes really well as a sandwich spread as well. It’s pretty easy and very tasty.
- 4 cloves of garlic – peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 small onion – chopped roughly
- Pinch of hing
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons gingelly oil
Heat oil, add hing, onion and garlic. Fry until garlic is golden and onion is soft. Allow to cool slightly.
Blend all ingredients with onion and garlic into a smooth paste. Spread on one side of dosa to make mysore masala dosa. Enjoy!