This is based on Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals Recipe. I reckon the pasta actually tasted better cold. So this makes a great next day lunch at work meal.
- 1 medium head broccoli – separate stalk and florets – discard half the stalk
- 1 bunch broccolini – separate stalk and florets – discard stalk
- 2 mushrooms – sliced finely
- 2 large cloves garlic – peeled
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried pizza mix herbs
- 500 grams pasta (I used Orecchiette)
- Salt to taste
Blend garlic, red chilli and broccoli stalk into a fine paste. Heat butter, fry paste until fragrant. Set aside. Heat more butter, fry mushrooms until cooked through.
In a large pot, cook pasta following instructions on packet. In the last 3-4 minutes, add broccoli and broccolini florets and cook together with pasta. Retain about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta well.
In a pan, add the broccoli stalk paste and the mushrooms. Fry together. Add pasta and broccoli. Add dried herbs and dried chili. Stir well. Add both cheeses and allow to melt. Add freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat. Stir through the olive oil. Enjoy!