This recipe has changed the lives of those who have adopted a low carb lifestyle. I came upon the recipe absolutely by chance, but had to try it straight away! It’s not quite like bread, it reminded me of a very light yorkshire pudding or a cream puff. But it’s still really tasty and I enjoyed it with peanut butter for breakfast. I also used a couple of rolls to mop up my prawn curry last night. The recipe only takes a few ingredients and it’s really quite easy.
- 3 eggs (or 3 works and 12g of egg white powder + 84ml water
- Pinch cream of tartar (optional)
- 50 grams Laughing Cow Cheese (original recipe uses 90g of Cream Cheese)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar (or sweetener) – leave out if making a savoury version
- Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- Pinch of onion powder (optional)
- Pinch of Paprika (optional)
Pre-heat oven at 150 degrees.
Separate eggs. In a large bowl, place whites and cream of tartar and whip until stiff. In another bowl, beat yolks with salt, sugar and cream cheese (I used a blender for this part). Carefully fold through the yolk mix with the egg whites. Spoon out into a greased muffin tray. Bake for about 20 minutes at 150 degrees. The rolls will puff up and brown nicely. Leave to cool for about an hour before eating.