Sugar free or not, this is the best chocolate mousse I’ve ever had. Last night I skipped dinner and had a whole bowl of this instead. It was soul-touching. This recipe is definitely a keeper, it’s so quick to prepare and could just as easily feed a crowd.
- 600 ml heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar free cocoa (more or less to taste)
- 3 teaspoon instant coffee powder (more or less to taste)
- 6 sachets sweetener (more or less to taste)
- 1 vanilla pod (scrape seeds and discard pod)
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 packet plain gelatin
- 1/2 cup hot water
Beat all the ingredients except water and gelatin until thick and fluffy. Use an electric beater, otherwise be prepared for sore arms.
Taste and adjust accordingly. Once you’re happy with the taste, stir the gelatin into the hot water until it dissolves. Pour this mixture into the cream mixture slowly, keep beating cream. It should get even thicker. Spoon into bowls, decorate as desired. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to set. Enjoy!