Why would anyone buy crappy mayo in jars? Mayo is so easy to make at home, it literally takes minutes. If you’re have trouble, try leaving the eggs in a warm water for about 5 minutes before cracking them. Having the yolks at room temperature or just slightly warmer will really help.
- 2 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil (maybe more)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Whisk everything together except olive oil. Keep whisking and adding olive oil in a slow stream until mayo starts to thicken and turn velvety. Enjoy!