This takes seconds to cook. It took longer to type up the post than it did to cook the dish!
- 2 bunches baby pak choy (chop off the ends and wash and drain well)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 knob ginger (crushed lightly)
- 2 cloves garlic (crush garlic lightly, leave skin on)
- 1 red chilli (slit in half)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
Method (Pak Choy):
Bring chicken stock, ginger, garlic, chilli, cinnamon stick and anise to a rolling boil. Dip the Pak Choy into the stock for about 30 seconds. As soon as the leaves start to wilt, pull out the Pak Choy and place on a plate. Drizzle oyster sauce on top and serve hot.
Don’t waste the aromatic stock! Replace water with the chicken stock the next time you cook rice. Leave the aromatic bits and pieces in, they’ll just add to the flavour of the rice. Enjoy!