I caught this recipe the other night on telly and thought it could easily be adapted to make a great salad. With Mangy out with the boys tonight, I figured I’d whisk this up for dinner for myself. He’s not very fond of halloumi, so I doubt he’ll regret not being home for this meal.
- 10 cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- half an avocado (peeled and diced)
- 100g halloumi (sliced thinly)
- 2 fresh red chillies (chopped finely)
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
Mix the dressing ingredients together, set aside for the flavours to mingle. Heat a non-stick pan and fry both sides of the halloumi for a couple of minutes until golden brown. Arrange tomatoes and avocado on a plate, lay out the halloumi slices on top. Spoon the dressing over the halloumi pieces. Enjoy!