No, you didn’t misread the title 🙂 This is my take on a low carb upma, and it was awesome! I can’t believe I didn’t try this sooner, but I’m so glad I finally gave it a shot. I think this might be a great way to get kids to eat cauliflower, I doubt they would know the difference!
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower heads (I used a food processor, cauliflower should resemble texture of semolina)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- pinch of hing
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 green chili (slit in half)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons frozen green peas
- salt to taste
Heat oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start to pop, add hing, green chili and curry leaves. Add chopped cauliflower, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Add green peas and stir well. Keep stirring over a high heat until cauliflower is cooked (don’t over cook it though). Add salt to taste. Serve hot – enjoy!