This is also one of Mangy’s mum’s recipes. Methi (Fenugreek) and Aloo (Potato) goes well with rice. Preparing the methi does take some effort, but it is worth it.
- 1 bunch methi (discard stems, wash and drain well, roll leaves together into a tight bunch and chop)
- 3 potatoes (peel and diced finely)
- 1 tomato (diced finely)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 green chillies (remove stem and slice lengthwise)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- pinch of hing
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
Heat oil, add cumin seeds, green chillies and hing. Add diced potato and turmeric. Fry until potatoes are 3/4 cooked and have taken on a nice golden crust. Add tomato and fry until tomato breaks down and oil rises to the surface. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and stir well. Add methi and salt. Stir well, cover and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes. The methi will wilt. Stir well again before serving. Enjoy!