Mangy absolutely loves Mac n Cheese. Sometimes, I feel like he has the diet of a four year old. He could happily live on cake, Mac n Cheese and chicken wings!
This recipe takes minutes to throw together once you have the pasta cooked, so it’s great for a midweek meal.
You’ll need (4 servings):
- 2 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (remove the stalks)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 500g macaroni (cooked to al dente following manufacturer’s instructions)
- 300ml cream
- 200ml milk
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
You’ll need (for the topping – mix together):
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespooons grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Heat a large pan, add chopped up bacon and cook until crisp. Add butter, garlic and stir well. Add cooked pasta and stir well.
Add cream, milk, paprika, nutmeg, salt, pepper, cheddar and parmesan cheese, stir until cheese starts to melt. If the mixture is too thick, add a little pasta cooking water and stir well. Transfer to a bake proof dish.
Cover with topping ingredients. Place under a hot grill until top is golden and bubbly. Serve hot. Enjoy!